The internet is okay for starters but we want you to come experience what we have to offer.
Special Visitation Events for Prospective Students
Resources for Transfer Students
- Students attending North Carolina Community Colleges
- Students attending Out-of-State Community Colleges should refer to
the "general" Appalachian four year guides and
use the Course Equivalency Search to determine how credit will transfer to Appalachian.
What can one "do" with a degree in theatre & dance?
Questions you should be asking of any program you are considering.
- Learn about our degrees.
- Meet our highly qualified faculty and staff via the online directory.
- See a list of our active and engaged student organizations.
- Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions, please request information.
Vision, Mission, & Purpose
We make art. The arts make us. The arts sustain life.
The mission of the Department of Theatre and Dance at Appalachian State University is to facilitate transformative experiences for students and the public, which cultivate compassionate, creative and collaborative communities through theatre and dance.
The purposes of the Department of Theatre and Dance are to:
- Prepare students who wish to become teachers
- Train students to pursue theatre or dance as a vocation, or as a hobby
- Teach skills for graduate training or vocations in related fields
- Provide leadership and collaborative ensemble training
- Create opportunities for exposure to theatre and dance productions
- Encourage an appreciation of theatre and dance as art forms
- Offer high quality theatre and dance experiences
Additional Campus & Theatre Tours
- Contact the Visitors Center at (828) 262-2120 to schedule your campus tour.
- Theatre & Dance tour times during the academic year and summer are: Monday through Friday by appointment. Contact the Theatre & Dance office at (828) 262-3028 to schedule your tour.