- These events give high school juniors and seniors a chance to participate in the actual classes they would be taking when enrolled at App State. You may pick your own class schedule from options specifically selected for each of our major concentrations.
- For example, prospective performance students may observe our Oral Interpretation, Acting Fundamentals, and Acting III courses; technical theatre students can drop in to see Scenery and Props and Theatrical Costume and Makeup classes taught in our Design Studio; while students considering a general theatre concentration or theatre arts education may take part in Page and Stage, Modern Theatre History and Literature
- Parents will have an opportunity to meet with faculty for a Q&A session and a highlight tour of campus. There will be an information meeting and a scheduled presentation by the Admissions Office.
- You will also receive 1 free ticket to one of our co-curricular theatre productions. (Additional tickets will be available for purchase.) You may choose to attend on the Thursday night before attending classes or on Friday night following classes.
We are hosting four TS4D events this coming academic year, each associated with one of our mainstage productions.
- Friday, October 5, 2018 - The Laramie Project by Moisés Kaufman and members of the Tectonic Theatre Project
- Friday, October 26, 2018 - The Wolves by Sarah DeLappe
- Friday, February 22, 2019 - Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl
- Friday, April 10, 2019 - A Midsummer Night's Dream by Williams Shakespeare
Register Online Registration Form for all dates.
Note: These events are sponsored by the department and do not include campus tours offered by the Admissions Office.
University-wide Open Houses are scheduled for:
- Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Saturday, April 13, 2019
Registration for these events is through the Admissions Office.