- These events give high school juniors and seniors a chance to participate in the actual classes they would be taking when enrolled at App State. You may pick your own class schedule from options specifically selected for each of our major concentrations.
- For example, prospective performance students may observe our Oral Interpretation, Acting Fundamentals, and Acting III courses; technical theatre students can drop in to see Scenery and Props and Theatrical Costume and Makeup classes taught in our Design Studio; while students considering a general theatre concentration or theatre arts education may take part in Page and Stage, and Modern Theatre History and Literature.
- Parents will have an opportunity to meet with faculty for a Q&A session and a highlight tour of campus. There will be an information meeting and a scheduled presentation by the Admissions Office.
- You will also receive 1 free ticket to one of our co-curricular theatre productions. (Additional tickets will be available for purchase.) You may choose to attend on Thursday night before attending classes or on Friday night following classes.
We are hosting three TS4D events this coming academic year, each associated with one of our mainstage productions.
- Friday, October 4, 2019 - Peter and the Starcatcher by Rick Elice
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - The Seagull by Anton Chekhov
- Friday, April 24, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 Spring Awakening by Steven Slater and Duncan Sheik
Note: These events are sponsored by the department and do not include campus tours offered by the Admissions Office.
University-wide Open Houses are scheduled for:
- Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Saturday, April 18, 2020
Registration for these events is through the Admissions Office.