Theatre Student for a Day (TS4D)
TS4D EVENTS FOR 2015 - 16
- These events give high school juniors and seniors a chance to participate in the actual classes they would be taking when enrolled at App State. You may pick your own class schedule from options specifically selected for each of our major concentrations.
- For example, prospective performance students may observe our Oral Interpretation, Acting Fundamentals, and Acting III courses; technical theatre students can drop in to see Scenery and Props and Theatrical Costume and Makeup classes taught in our Design Studio; while students considering a general theatre concentration or theatre arts education may take part in Page and Stage, Modern Theatre History and Literature
- Parents will have an opportunity to meet with faculty for a Q&A session and a highlight tour of campus. There will be an information meeting and a scheduled presentation by the Admissions Office.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend one of our co-curricular theatre or dance productions as our guest, either on the Thursday night before attending classes or on Friday night following classes.
We are hosting four TS4D events this coming academic year, each associated with one of our mainstage productions.
- Friday, September 30, 2016 - Selkie: Between Land and Sea
- Friday, November 11, 2016 - Love and Information
- Friday, February 24, 2017 - Silence
- Friday, March 31, 2017 - Spring Appalachian Dance Ensemble
- Friday, April 28, 2017 - Flight from the Mahrabharath
Online Registration Form for all dates.
NOTE: These events are sponsored by the department and do not include campus tours offered by the Admissions Office.
Faculty Led Travel
New York City: Theatre
New York City: Dance
I.G. Greer Studio
ASU Box 32123
Boone, NC 28608
480 Howard Street
Boone, NC 28608
Chapell Wilson Hall