Finding a Major Advisor

New students, both freshmen and transfer, who intend to major in Theatre or Dance should schedule a meeting with the Department Chair during their first semester at Appalachian as well as meeting with their University College Advisor. Most transfer students will be eligible to declare a major after meeting with the chair.

When you declare your major you will be steered towards an appropriate department faculty advisor. A good initial point of contact to discuss an appropriate advisor is the Chair and/or the faculty coordinator of each Program of Study or concentration.  Use the links below to find the current degree coordinator.

BA Dance Studies

BA General Theatre -- BA Theatre Performance  -- BA Theatre Design and Technology

BS Teaching Theatre Arts